Off The Grid Internet’s Certified Installation Technicians take care of the entire installation process
When you’re ready to have your satellite dish installed, you’ll be surprised at how simple the process can be. We strive to get you online quickly. The following seven steps outline what to expect during an Internet installation.
- Schedule your Installation You will schedule the Internet service installation at the time of purchase or over the phone when an installer calls you. Typically, satellite dish installation takes one to three hours, and we’ll need you to be home for the full length of the installation.
- Locate the best spot for your satellite dish installation If you’ve already considered where you would like your satellite dish to go, tell the installer when he or she arrives. Together you can choose a location with a clear view of the southern sky, ensuring the best possible satellite signal. Keep in mind that a satellite dish can be mounted in a number of ways: on your roof, along the side of your home, or on a pole near your home. Standard Installations include mounting to a roof or exterior wall. Other mounting methods may require an additional charge for materials and labor.
- Let the satellite Internet installation begin At this point your Certified Installer will assemble the satellite dish and the mount, and then install it on your house or on a pole mount. Once the satellite dish is operational, the installer will precisely align the dish to point directly at the Satellite in outer space (22,000 miles above the equator) and lock in its location to ensure you maintain a strong signal. Meanwhile, you can relax inside your home until the installer needs to connect the modem to your computer.
- Connect your computer to the satellite dish The installer will run a cable from the satellite dish through the home and to your computer by way of the modem.
- Activate your modem The Certified Internet installer will sit down at your computer to activate the modem and confirm that you can successfully access the Internet through the satellite. Once this step is complete, your installer will finish the satellite Internet installation and optimize your computer for maximum performance on the Network.
- You’re now an official Satellite Internet user! Your installer will walk you through the online terms and conditions policy that we require all customers to review. The next step is to confirm with the installer that you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your computer. You will then be able to browse the web, send email, download music and photos, and enjoy the Internet as you like.
As you can see, the satellite installation process will take very little effort from you — we take care of all the details.